For this assignment, I was trying to make my postcard based on my word poem. Because I was able to visual the word poem, I had some ideas for an actual image. This is nothing like I expected but it's probably better. The major challenge I had was how dark the bottom half of the photo is and the more I played with the contrast and lightness, the more distorted the image and colors got. So I settled in the middle of a really vivid blue and a semi-dark background. Playing around with the arrangement of the photos was really new for me. I had to keep referring to my notes but as with every project, I eventually got the hang of it and actually made it pretty quickly. I enjoyed the fact that this image was basically an accident. I was trying to put the heart where the eye was and that looked pretty cool but when I copy and pasted, it just sort of happened and I loved it. I am most proud of the image as a whole because it really came together and I feel like it illustrates my word poem well. I feel like I was able to achieve what I was trying to accomplish. But if I had more time, I would have tried to make the images fade into one another better. I really don't like that the heart looks chopped off but I guess for some it would be an artistic choice, so it could be worse. Overall I think the image is really cool!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Postcard
For this assignment, I was trying to make my postcard based on my word poem. Because I was able to visual the word poem, I had some ideas for an actual image. This is nothing like I expected but it's probably better. The major challenge I had was how dark the bottom half of the photo is and the more I played with the contrast and lightness, the more distorted the image and colors got. So I settled in the middle of a really vivid blue and a semi-dark background. Playing around with the arrangement of the photos was really new for me. I had to keep referring to my notes but as with every project, I eventually got the hang of it and actually made it pretty quickly. I enjoyed the fact that this image was basically an accident. I was trying to put the heart where the eye was and that looked pretty cool but when I copy and pasted, it just sort of happened and I loved it. I am most proud of the image as a whole because it really came together and I feel like it illustrates my word poem well. I feel like I was able to achieve what I was trying to accomplish. But if I had more time, I would have tried to make the images fade into one another better. I really don't like that the heart looks chopped off but I guess for some it would be an artistic choice, so it could be worse. Overall I think the image is really cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment