Because this was the first assignment and I have never used Photoshop before, I was very skeptical and cautious with every move I made. After first, I was very frustrated and thought I would never be able to remember everything or understand some of the concepts. I quickly learned—on my own, outside of the classroom—that I was able to have fun with it and it was no longer stressful. I was just trying to complete the assignment at first and then I became more meticulous about the images I chose so that it was aesthetically pleasing. My biggest challenge, however, was probably the first and fifth rows. The first one was difficult because I could not find a clear enough image in the first place to differentiate between 72 dpi and 1200 dpi, but I eventually settled on this image. For the fifth row, I had to play around with different images for a while because it was hard to find an image to zoom in on enough to abstract it. Because this entire program and its functions were new to me, I enjoyed the entire final project. I felt good when I was able to figure things out on my own and go at my own speed. I was able to do it all in just about and hour where as the one that was done with the class took two periods, therefore, I'd have to say that I am proud of the whole assignment. When all was said and done, I was excited to move on to the next project and learn more. However, if I had had more time, I would have tried to find a more clear image to use in the first row to demostrate a more drastic difference between 72 dpi and 1200 dpi and I probably would have been more careful in my fourth row so that the upclose goes more gradual to wide angle.Here is a close up of my favorite image from the contact sheet.

No comments:
Post a Comment