Thursday, February 25, 2010

Word Poem

This project was a lot of fun for me once I got the hang of it. I just wanted to accomplish something that was fun to look at and something that was easy to understand. I want anyone to be able to look at it and understand why I did what I did to each word. One of the major challenges that I encountered was piecing the words together. When I began this, I did the whole phrase in one text box. Once I got really frustrated by the fact that everything would move together, I realized I needed to put it together like a ransom note and made each word in it's own text box. Once I did that, the rest was fun and fairly easy. Again, this whole thing was new for me. Every time I sit down to use photoshop I learn something new but figuring out how to change the background color, though it may sound easy was definitely new. I had played around with it a lot and just couldn't figure it out. I enjoyed that I go to choose the phrase. Because it was something that I really liked, it made it easier for me to visualize it and I couldn't wait for the end product. I am most proud of the fact that I was able to figure out most of this stuff on my own. I spent some time in the mac lab by myself and was able to get a lot done and play with a bunch of different ideas, and this one was my favorite. However if I had had more time, I probably would have played around with the words "that" and "keeps". I spent the least amount of time on those two and just kind of had them left over and put them in as they were. The only thing is I'm not sure what I would have done to the two words differently except that I would have just thought about it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment