

For this assignment, I was able to accomplish a lot actually. I had to make a brochure for whatever I wanted and it just so happened that I needed to have a visual tactic for my public relations class, which is why it is about the south coast of Massachusetts—my client. The biggest challenge I came across was with the margins. It took a few tries of trial and error with printing before I was able to get everything centered and not chopped off within it's panel. I eventually learned how to print in properly and once I had set the correct margins using picture boxes, I was able to get everything squared away. Doing a brochure was new for me in general. I had to do one in high school and I had to glue the back and front to each other and it didn't look very clean. I really enjoyed finding the perfect picture for the backgrounds. It took some playing with because some of the pictures were too dark and it threw off my whole idea. So I am most proud of the inside because I really like how it is a legitimate brochure for these places with an actual picture from one of the locations. I think it lays nicely and peaks interest. However, if I had more time, I probably would have played around with more colors and themes. All of the writing is black and I really liked the outside background at first, but now that I look at it, I would have liked to do something else. It doesn't necessarily look like it's a brochure for a vacation.

No comments:
Post a Comment