Thursday, April 29, 2010

BiBi Card


(Above is QuarkXpress)
This assignment was very frustrating and very fun at the same time. The point of this assignment was to exactly recreate a BiBi card that we chose. I didn't have very high hopes for myself at the beginning of this assignment because last time I used QuarkXpress, I didn't really like it and I have never used Indesign so I knew that was going to be a challenge. Probably the biggest challenge for me was finding similar fonts and matching background color. Actually placing and sizing areas of the BiBi card wasn't much of a challenge at all thanks to the rulers and guides. I eventually settled on a font that I think looks almost exactly like the real one and I had to settle for a color. I knew the color was going to be a challenge because the BiBi card is neon and our printers aren't good for that kind of thing. Because Indesign was so new to me, when I first started the BiBi card in Indesign, I just kind of stared at the screen for a while before deciding what to do but because I have used photoshop, I just tried to utilize those skills, so I was able to figure out more than I thought. I enjoyed anything that I did that made my BiBi card look more like the one that was already made. It was really cool when it started coming together and I wanted to continue working on it and then I was actually looking forward to attempting it in Indesign once I successfully executed the one in QuarkXpress. I am proud of myself for finishing them on time and as accurately as I possibly could. Once I printed it out, I was able to see just how accurate I was. However, if I had more time, I would fix the recycling symbol. It was the last thing I did in both programs because it was giving me the most trouble, especially in Indesign. So I just shrunk it down to the correct size and I know I'll get docked points for that but if I had more time and patients, I was only able to fix it kind of in QuarkXpress, which is the one I posted, but Indesign didn't work as well so if I had more time, I'd definitely like to fix it.
(Below is Indesign)

No comments:

Post a Comment